By Massimo Melucci,Ricardo Baeza-Yates
Information retrieval is the technological know-how inquisitive about the powerful and effective retrieval of records ranging from their semantic content material. it's hired to satisfy a few info desire from various electronic records. Given the ever-growing volume of records to be had and the heterogeneous facts constructions used for garage, info retrieval has lately confronted and tackled novel applications.
In this booklet, Melucci and Baeza-Yates current a wide-spectrum representation of contemporary examine leads to complicated parts regarding info retrieval. Readers will locate chapters on e.g. aggregated seek, electronic advertisements, electronic libraries, discovery of unsolicited mail and evaluations, details retrieval in context, multimedia source discovery, quantum mechanics utilized to details retrieval, scalability demanding situations in internet se's, and interactive info retrieval overview. All chapters are written by way of recognized researchers, are thoroughly self-contained and complete, and are complemented by way of an built-in bibliography and topic index.
With this option, the editors give you the latest survey of issues frequently now not addressed intensive in conventional (text)books on info retrieval. The presentation is meant for a large viewers of individuals attracted to details retrieval: undergraduate and graduate scholars, post-doctoral researchers, teachers, and business researchers.
Read or Download Advanced Topics in Information Retrieval: 33 (The Information Retrieval Series) PDF
Best storage & retrieval books
This bookconstitutes the lawsuits of the twelfth overseas convention on DistributedComputing and net expertise, ICDCIT 2016, held in Bhubaneswar, India, inJanuary 2016. The 6 fullpapers, 7 brief papers and eleven poster papers offered during this quantity werecarefully reviewed and chosen from 129 submissions.
This publication constitutes the completely refereedpost-workshop lawsuits of the second one foreign Workshop on Semantic WebCollaborative areas, SWCS 2013, held in Montpellier, France, in may perhaps 2013, andthe 3rd foreign Workshop on Semantic net Collaborative areas, SWCS2014, held in Trentino, Italy, in October 2014.
This publication presents a realistic and strategic point of view on IT and cyber safety for companies and different companies. top specialists from undefined, politics and learn speak about the established order and destiny customers of company cyber safety. They resolution questions similar to: How a lot will IT safeguard expense?
This publication constitutes the complaints of the twenty first overseas convention on thought and perform of electronic Libraries, TPDL 2017, held in Thessaloniki, Greece, in September 2017. 39 complete papers, eleven brief papers, 10 poster papers and seven doctoral consortium awarded during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 106 Submissions.
- Foundations and Practical Applications of Cognitive Systems and Information Processing: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Cognitive ... in Intelligent Systems and Computing)
- Ontology Engineering: 12th International Experiences and Directions Workshop on OWL, OWLED 2015, co-located with ISWC 2015, Bethlehem, PA, USA, October ... Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Big Data Analytics with R and Hadoop
- Metadata and Semantics Research: 10th International Conference, MTSR 2016, Göttingen, Germany, November 22-25, 2016, Proceedings (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- Expert Oracle Indexing and Access Paths: Maximum Performance for Your Database
- Database and Expert Systems Applications: 27th International Conference, DEXA 2016, Porto, Portugal, September 5-8, 2016, Proceedings, Part II (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Additional info for Advanced Topics in Information Retrieval: 33 (The Information Retrieval Series)